Saturday, July 22, 2017

“Rebels Without A Pause” – Intimate Portraits Of Britain’s Aging Rebels And Mavericks

“Rebels Without A Pause” – Intimate Portraits Of Britain’s Aging Rebels And Mavericks


Photography, Art, Design • Photo Vide


http://photovide.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/rebels-without-a-pause-intimate-portraits-of-britains-aging-rebels-and-mavericks.jpg
When he saw a man in his sixties wearing a cowhide saddle moving in a gay club, picture taker Muir Widler understood that he needed to commend individuals who never enabled their age to figure out their identity. From the “most inked lady on the planet” to the Jurassic form, here is...
When he saw a man in his sixties wearing a cowhide saddle moving in a gay club, picture taker Muir Widler understood that he needed to commend individuals who never enabled their age to figure out their identity. From the "most inked lady on the planet" to the Jurassic form, here is his revolt gathering.

Muir Vidler / The Instagram

Isobel: "I got a tattoo when I was 48 years old. I was so pleased that I just continued to do it. I also pierced my ears, nose, nipples, stomach, clit and everywhere. I did some wild things in my life, but I do not regret it. "

Isobel Varley is in the Guinness Book of Records as "the most tattooed woman in the world". Her husband, Mac, does not have tattoos.
"In my free time I either go to fetish clubs, or I do needlework. I like medieval tapestries. "

Sid Ellis is a master who has several slaves in the infamous Fist club. Here he is in his garden at home.
"I am 45 plus VAT now, and I will breathe fire even after they bury me, motherfuckers."

Danny Lynch, Great Stromboli, a former circus artist who now lives outside of Manchester with his wife and dog. Here he breathes smoke while his wife comes in to make tea.
"I find my contemporaries terribly boring. Sometimes they scream at me to grow up, but I think they're just jealous. I do not have much youth. I always had sick or old people. I think I'm coming back. "

Adrian Delgoff is a skateboarder who also often visits Love Muscle in the refrigerator in Brixton, London, in leather pants and a leather garter.
Steve: "They call me a Jurassic fashion, because I'm the oldest in the club."

Ray Cook with Steve Howard on Brighton Beach. Ray was a fashion, since he was a teenager. Now he is part of the Odd Mod Squad Club, which runs to Brighton every summer. On that day, he ran into Steve - they had never met before.
"Rock and roll hits your blood, and you can not just get rid of it. I've been rock'n'Rom since the 50's, and I'm still rocking through my 50 years. "

Frankie "Knows" Lacy at the Tennessee Club, an old club for rock and rollers. He was Ted since 1958 and is the reason for the original comedians of Bill Galli, the surviving members of the band who are still touring.

John G Byrne has been a skinhead since 1969 when he was 13 years old. He is a photographer and has a large archive of skinheads, especially gay skinheads. He was one of the first frankly gay skins and is known among the skinhead community around the world.
"When I sing, I feel that the spirit of Elvis flows through me. What I'm doing is very serious. "

Paul "Elvis" Chan used to own the Chinese restaurant Gracelands Palace on Old Kent Road in Pekham - Las Vegas in London. He performed there most of the nights. Elvis's lifestyle eventually succeeded, so now the restaurant is closed, but he still feels the spirit of the king whenever he sings
"Every few years they talk about the revival of fashion. It means nothing to us. We never left. "

The Odd Mod Squad match their name. They are the classic club Lambretta and Vespa scooter with 50 participants - some of them at the age of 60 and some of them at the age of 20. They do scooters in England for a year.

Ruaridh Clarke is a member of the campaign "Freedom to be yourself", a group that is campaigning for the right to be naked in public.

Mick and Peggy Warner at the Tennessee Club. Peggy is well known in the world of tattoos for the beautiful portrait of Bill Haley on his back. 40 years ago they started a tattoo.
"If you wait long enough, everything returns."

aging, Britains, intimate, Mavericks, Pause, portraits, Rebels

No comments:

Post a Comment